Congratulations! You have just purchased one of the finest sleep systems available backed by our 70 plus years in the mattress business. At Spinal Care Bedding we desire to give you the best night's sleep you've ever had. Part of our ongoing quality process is the promise that our products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. In the event that warranty service is required, take a few minutes to review the guidelines set forth below.
Length of Warranty
This warranty starts on the date of purchase. To determine how long this warranty lasts, refer to the product's label and "Law Tag". Repair or replacement of the mattress or foundation neither renews nor extends this limited warranty.
If a Problem Occurs
In the unlikely event that a problem with this product occurs due to a defect in workmanship or materials covered under this warranty, contact the store where you bought it. If you cannot reach this store or if you have moved, write directly to:
Spinal Care Bedding
9904 Nocturne Cove
Austin, TX 78750
In order for this limited warranty to be valid, you must be:
1. The original consumer purchaser and have purchased the sleep set from one of our authorized dealers in the United States.
2. Provide a copy of the original store receipt, or other proof of date, place of purchase price.
3. The law label must be attached to the product.
4. The product in question must be free of all bodily fluids.
If the problem occurs during the no-charge period (based on information on the "law tag" and the warranty schedule to the right), your mattress and/or foundation (only the defective piece) will be repaired or replaced (at Spinal Care Bedding's option) within a commercially reasonable period of time without charge to you, except for transportation costs. If such a problem occurs after the no-charge period but prior to the end of the warranty period, Spinal Care Bedding will repair or replace (again, at Spinal Care Bedding's option) with a charge to you as determined from the warranty schedule.
Replacement or repair of your defective piece (mattress and/or foundation) is the only remedy under this warranty. If identical materials are not available at the time of product service, Spinal Care Bedding reserves the right to substitute materials of equal or higher quality or (at Spinal Care Bedding's option) provide a refund. For this limited warranty to be valid, you must be the original consumer purchaser from an authorized Spinal Care Bedding dealer (in the United States) and you must provide a copy of the original store receipt or other proof of date, place of purchase and purchase price.
This Warranty Does Not Cover
• Mattress Fabric (including stains, soiling or burns). Mattress covers are not colorfast. We recommend that you use a mattress pad to protect the mattress surface.
• Normal body impressions of 2 inches or less.
• Border wires, which run along the mattress and foundation perimeter, bent during moving or bending of the sleep set.
• Mattress damage due to an improper foundation. This m attress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a matching foundation as part of a total sleep system.
• Replacement of another, non-defective piece in the sleep set.
• Comfort preference.
• Structural damage from using an improper bed frame. This warranty applies to a king or queen size mattress or foundation ONLY if they are used on a bed frame with a center support having at least 5 legs or 5 hardwood cross slats.
• Clearance products sold "as is" and floor models.
• Bed Height
• Transportation costs.
• Spinal Care Bedding reserves the right to refuse service when the product is found to be soiled or in an unsanitary condition or when product failure is due to causes other than defective materials or workmanship.
Exclusive Remedy/Other Limitations
Any and all implied warranties on this product, including any implied warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall not exceed in duration the term of this limited warranty, which begins with the date of purchase by the consumer. The service terms stated in this warranty shall be the consumer's sole and exclusive remedy in the event of product failure during the warranty period. Spinal Care Bedding shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use this product or for the breach of this or any other express or implied warranty. Spinal Care Bedding does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person's medical condition. Spinal Care Bedding makes no warranty beyond what is contained in this writing.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Spinal Care Bedding does not authorize any person to create for it any other obligation or liability in connection with this warranty.
How to take care of your new mattress set
At Spinal Care, we want your mattress to live up to our high standards and yours. We hope the following warranty guidelines will help your mattress stand the test of time.
• Torn handles, stitches pulled out of the handle where it’s sewn to the mattress, and tears in the mattress fabric where the handles are attached.
• Coils or wires that are loose, broken, ripped or protrude through the fabric.
• Body indentions of an inch and a half (1.5” inches).
• Unnatural sagging: Your warranty covers mattresses that are continuously supported by a matching box spring, or equivalent, with an appropriate frame. The frame has to include a rigid center support with at least 5 legs, or a rigid center support with at least 5 hardwood cross slats for queen and king sets.
• Splits in the box spring’s wood frame.
• Squeaks, rattles or other noises.
• Bent, loose or defective beams and/or box spring center support rail.
• Compression of modules.
• Un-stapling of modules.
• Unstapling of modules
• Unnatural sagging: A proper bed frame must continuously support the box spring. For king and queen sets, a rigid center support having at least 5 legs or a rigid center support having at least 5 hardwood cross slats is necessary. A rigid center support is as crucial as the four standard legs (one at each corner) for ensuring your sleep set has the proper balance and support necessary.
Examples of proper bed frames for queen- and king-size bedding:
What’s NOT Covered:
1. Structural damage from using an improper bed frame (example: Less than 5 legs for a queen set).
2. Floor models and clearance bedding sold “as is”.
3. Comfort preference after you sleep on the bed (example: This bed is too soft.)
4. Mattress damage due to an inappropriate box spring. Our mattresses are designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a matching box spring as part of a total sleep set.
5. Replacement of another piece in the sleep set, unless that piece is defective too.
6. Mattress, box spring and fabric damage due to abuse. This warranty does not cover product failure that is caused by anything other than defective workmanship or materials (example: Your movers sawed the bedding in half to get it upstairs.)
7. Transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable.
Do's and Don'ts of Bedding Care:
• DO rotate your mattress occasionally to prolong the comfort and support life. Body indentations are a normal occurrence in your new mattress and indicate that the upholstery layers are conforming to your body’s individual contours. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with that “New Mattress Feeling” every time you turn your mattress.
• DO give your new sleep set time to “air” upon removal from its plastic packaging. Dispose of all plastic packaging as soon as possible.
• DO carry your mattress flat on its side. It’s easier to handle and you’ll be less likely to damage the mattress.
• DO keep your bedding clean. We suggest using a mattress pad, especially if children use the bed.
• DO replace the old foundation when purchasing a new mattress. An old foundation may not provide sufficient support. It may appear that your new mattress is sagging when it is really the foundation, which supports the entire mattress.
• DO use an appropriate frame and center support for queen- and king-size sets. Using the right support frame will ensure your warranty remains in effect.
• DON'T PLACE YOUR MATTRESS NEAR OPEN FLAME OR EXPOSE TO FIRE. THIS MATTRESS IS NOT FLAME- OR FIREPROOF, AND CAN IGNITE AND/OR BURN IF EXPOSED TO OPEN FLAME OR FIRE. WHEN IGNITED, SOME BEDDING MATERIAL CAN BURN RAPIDLY AND EMIT SMOKE AND HAZARDOUS GASES.
• DON'T smoke in bed. This mattress is manufactured as required by federal law to resist, but not necessarily eliminate, ignition by smoldering cigarettes.
• DON'T let anyone stand or jump on your mattress. It was not built for that kind of weight concentration or abuse.
• DON'T allow your mattress to get wet, because some upholstery materials may compress. Protect it from water or other liquids.
• DON'T place a board between your mattress and foundation. Your sleep set is designed specifically to provide you with proper support, and the foundation plays an important role.
• DON'T bend your mattress under any circumstances. Such treatment may damage the innerspring unit. Flex rather than bend the mattress when going through doorways, and don’t bend the corners when putting on fitted sheets.
• DON'T remove the law tag label at the end of your mattress. This serves as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights.
• DON'T use dry cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress. These chemicals will damage some of the construction materials.
Extending the Comfort and Support Life of Your Sleep Set: Your Spinal Care Mattress purchased before June 2003 has two sides. Although it is not necessary to flip your new mattress to take advantage of the warranty, we recommend that you do so on a regular basis. This mattress has many layers of upholstery padding to increase its Comfort Life® and support performance. Body indentations can be a normal occurrence in your new mattress, and indicate that the upholstery layers are conforming to your body’s individual contours. To help minimize body impressions, and to add to your enjoyment with that new bed feel year after year, turn your mattress occasionally throughout the life of your sleep set. For your convenience, we’ve illustrated the best method.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TURN YOUR MATTRESS BY YOURSELF. This may cause personal injury or damage to your mattress. Flipping your bed is optional, but will prolong the support and comfort life of your Spinal Care sleep set.
Warranty Recourse We make every effort to be sure we manufacture our Spinal Care sleep sets with only the very finest materials available. If, however, you do discover a defect in your new mattress or foundation, simply contact the retail store where you purchased your sleep set. If you can’t reach the store, or if you’ve moved, all you need to do is write directly to us at the address printed on the law label of your new sleep set. If a defect that is covered occurs during warranty period (which is described in the warranty schedule), Spinal Care will repair or replace (at our option) the defective mattress and/or foundation within a reasonable period of time. In order for this limited warranty to be valid, you must:
1 Be the original consumer purchaser, and have purchased the sleep set from one of our authorized dealers in the United States or Puerto Rico;
2 Provide a copy of the original store receipt, or other proof of date, place of purchase and purchase price;
3 Provide the law label from the defective product.
If identical materials are not available at the time of product service, Spinal Care reserves the right to substitute material of equal or higher value, or, at our option, provide a refund. You’ll be responsible for transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable.
Spinal Care reserves the right to refuse service and invalidate this warranty when, upon inspection, the sleep set is found to be in an unsanitary condition, or when the product failure is due to causes other than defective workmanship or materials. Please refer to the “Do’s and Don’ts of Bedding Care” section of this brochure for proper sleep set care.
Exclusive Remedy/Other Limitations: ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL NOT EXCEED IN DURATION THE TERM OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WHICH BEGINS WITH THE DATE OF PURCHASE BY THE CONSUMER. THE SERVICE TERMS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE THE CONSUMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF PRODUCT FAILURE DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD. Spinal Care SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, OR FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. Spinal Care does not warrant that this product is suitable for any person’s medical condition. Spinal Care makes no warranty beyond what is contained in the writing. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Spinal Care does not authorize any person to create for it any other obligation or liability in connection with this warranty.
Warranty Information: It’s easy to determine the length of your warranty and its terms. Simply match the Warranty Code from your mattress law tag label (see sample below) with the same code on this warranty schedule.